Tuesday, 12 December 2017
Wednesday, 29 November 2017
Monday, 27 November 2017
Refreshing water rushing down onto the slippery, soaking, wet rocks. A crocodile lying on the flat surface waiting to eat its next prey. Moss and Algae sitting on top of the rocks and tree, and getting ready to grow. Frogs leaping onto lily pads, and insects like ants and beetles crawling onto the dirty, brown rocks. Monkeys swinging on the vines going crazy. Snakes slithering across the wet, muddy ground. The trees are tall and strong like a giraffe. Water streams slowly as it hits its finishing point. = Recrafted
Wednesday, 22 November 2017
During the day possums stay in their dens and are nocturnal which means they are active at night. Possums devour the fruits and flowers that native animals eat. These include rata and kamahi trees that die because of possums.
People use a variety of methods like shooting, trapping and hunting to get possums. These days many groups such as regular councils, send hunters to kill possums. People use a variety of methods like shooting, trapping and hunting.
These days many groups such as regular councils send hunters to kill possums. Hunters and farmers kill down possums too.
The first ship ship of possums arrived in 1837. People also used to sell silky possum fur. The only people that can hunt down possums are the people which have a trapping license. Back in Australia possums had a hard time because they had predators hunting them down.
- A baby possum and kangaroo is called a Joey.
- The prime minister told hunters and farmers to stop killing possums.
- There are 30 million possums in NZ.
- A female possum have birth to about 1 possum baby a year, but some years they have 2 babies a year.
- In Australia summer fires in separate anything in their way, even possums.
- In 1960 a another possum problem happened .
- It costed millions of dollars for farmers until hunters came along to kill possums.